Individuals / households
The CD Recycling Center focuses on proper disc collection, sorting, handling and recycling. Our mail-in initiative is important for environmental supporters that recycle their discs, and realize curbside recycling does not properly recycle the #7 plastic that CDs and DVDs are manufactured from. We have zero landfill waste here at the center, and we can achieve this by focusing just on CDs, DVDs and related packaging. Curbside cannot properly collect, sort, store and process a few dozen, hundreds, or even thousands of discs. Since we collect millions, it is very easy for us to successfully recycle them. Here’s a good way to manage a small campaign at your home or office:
- Choose a small location in your home, perhaps a home office or the basement.
- Place a small envelope or box there, and write on it 'Recycle Compact Discs Here'.
- Simply take a few minutes, check your car, and other areas of your house for old, scratched, used, or unwanted discs.
- Place all the discs into the box.
- Mark the box 'CDs / DVDs / HD-DVD / Blu-ray Discs only'
- If you have plastic cases such as a jewel case, or a slim case, please see if you can reuse them, or keep them for future use with perhaps another new disc.
- If broken or cracked, please collect in a separate box, other than the disc box.
- We accept all standard CD packages, cases and sleeves.
- If your CD case is a carboard and plastic combination, such as a DigiPak or similar, please tear off the plastic part and place it in this box, but see below in regards to the paper.
- Mark the box 'cases only'
Inserts, Covers, Paperwork
- If you have covers, inserts, manuals or any other paper or paper board product that accompanies your compact disc, Please collect in a separate box. Please write on it 'CD paperwork here'
- Mark the box 'paper only'
When your boxes or envelopes are full, please send to:
68E Stiles Road
Salem, NH 03079
Yes, the shipping may cost you a small amount, but although you may not realize it, you'll be generating less trash, which you would have to pay to dispose of anyway. Less trash = less weight = less pickups which hopefully means fewer and cheaper trash pick ups.
Think about it
- You'll generate less trash.
- You'll be helping the very planet you live on.
- Landfills will be less filled with non-decomposing plastic
- Incinerators will be generating less pollution that hurts our atmosphere.
- Your Recycling companions will love you for it.
If needed, you can rent or purchase a CD shredder and CD collection boxes from one of our affiliates