Education is the very foundation of The CD Recycling Center’s disc recycling initiative. We are trying to educate the world about the importance of keeping unwanted discs out of our landfills and incinerators. People will tell us “I just didn’t know a disc could be recycled.” Thanks to our efforts, thousands of people weekly are learning about this very important disc recycling program. Please help us spread the word in your classroom or educational facility today.
The CD Recycling Center focuses on proper disc collection, sorting, handling and recycling.
Our mail-in initiative is important for environmental supporters that recycle their discs, and realize curbside recycling does not properly recycle the #7 plastic that CDs and DVDs are manufactured from. We have zero landfill waste here at the center, and we can achieve this by focusing just on CDs, DVDs and related packaging. Curbside cannot properly collect, sort, store and process a few dozen, hundreds, or even thousands of discs. Since we collect millions, it is very easy for us to successfully recycle them. Here’s a suggestion on how to have a collection program at your school:
- Choose a convenient location in each school room.
- Place a recycling receptacles or collection boxes in these areas. Write on it 'Recycle Compact Discs Here'.
- Send out an educational notice to the students about the importance of CD recycling.
- Each student should bring in all unwanted discs that may consideredl old, scratched, used, over run, or unwanted discs.
- Weekly, each location's receptacle should be collected and dumped into a larger shippable receptacle in your storage area. This is a good task for custodian or facilities management.
- Your school could ship the collection boxes here to our center, or you could collect the smaller receptacles and compile in a convenient central location, as discussed above, and then have that shipped to us. Schools in our pick up area area can request a pick up.
- Mark the final box, receptacle or pallet 'CDs / DVDs/ HD/Blu-ray Discs only'
- If you have plastic cases such as a jewel case, or a slim case, please see if you can reuse them, or keep them for future use with perhaps another new disc.
- If broken or cracked, please collect in a separate box Please write on it 'CD cases here'
- We accept all standard CD packages, cases and sleeves.
- If your CD case is a carboard and plastic combination, such as a DigiPak or similar, please tear off the plastic part and place in this box, but see below in regards to the paper.
- Mark the box 'cases only' Inserts, Covers, Paperwork
- If you have covers, inserts or any other paper or paper board product that accompanies your compact disc, Please collect in a separate box. 'CD paperwork here'
- Mark the box 'paper only'
When your boxes, bins or pallets are full, please send to:
68E Stiles Road
Salem, NH 03079
Yes, the shipping may cost you a small amount, but although you may not realize it, you'll be generating less trash, which you would have to pay to dispose of anyway. Less trash = less weight = less pickups which hopefully means fewer and cheaper trash pick ups.
Think about it
- You'll generate less trash.
- You'll be helping the very planet you live on.
- Landfills will be less filled with non-decomposing plastic.
- Incinerators will be generating less pollution that hurts our atmosphere.
- Your customers will love you for it. (Some may already be expecting that you're already doing it)
If needed, you can rent or purchase a CD shredder and CD collection boxes from one of our affiliates